Google Data catalog Tag Template IAM
This page shows how to write Terraform for Data catalog Tag Template IAM and write them securely.
The Tag Template IAM in Data catalog can be configured in Terraform with the resource name
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam. The following sections describe how to use the resource and its parameters.
Example Usage from GitHub
An example could not be found in GitHub.
The following arguments are supported:
tag_template- (Required) Used to find the parent resource to bind the IAM policy to
project- (Optional) The ID of the project in which the resource belongs. If it is not provided, the project will be parsed from the identifier of the parent resource. If no project is provided in the parent identifier and no project is specified, the provider project is used.
member/members- (Required) Identities that will be granted the privilege in
role. Each entry can have one of the following values:
- allUsers: A special identifier that represents anyone who is on the internet; with or without a Google account.
- allAuthenticatedUsers: A special identifier that represents anyone who is authenticated with a Google account or a service account.
- user:[emailid]: An email address that represents a specific Google account. For example, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- serviceAccount:[emailid]: An email address that represents a service account. For example, email@example.com.
- group:[emailid]: An email address that represents a Google group. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- domain:[domain]: A G Suite domain (primary, instead of alias) name that represents all the users of that domain. For example, google.com or example.com.
- projectOwner:projectid: Owners of the given project. For example, "projectOwner:my-example-project"
- projectEditor:projectid: Editors of the given project. For example, "projectEditor:my-example-project"
- projectViewer:projectid: Viewers of the given project. For example, "projectViewer:my-example-project"
role- (Required) The role that should be applied. Only one
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_bindingcan be used per role. Note that custom roles must be of the format
policy_data- (Required only by
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_policy) The policy data generated by a
In addition to the arguments listed above, the following computed attributes are exported:
etag- (Computed) The etag of the IAM policy.
Explanation in Terraform Registry
Three different resources help you manage your IAM policy for Data catalog TagTemplate. Each of these resources serves a different use case:
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_policy: Authoritative. Sets the IAM policy for the tagtemplate and replaces any existing policy already attached.
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_binding: Authoritative for a given role. Updates the IAM policy to grant a role to a list of members. Other roles within the IAM policy for the tagtemplate are preserved.
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_member: Non-authoritative. Updates the IAM policy to grant a role to a new member. Other members for the role for the tagtemplate are preserved.
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_policycannot be used in conjunction with
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_memberor they will fight over what your policy should be.
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_bindingresources can be used in conjunction with
google_data_catalog_tag_template_iam_memberresources only if they do not grant privilege to the same role.