Google Cloud Pub/Sub Subscription IAM
This page shows how to write Terraform for Cloud Pub/Sub Subscription IAM and write them securely.
The Subscription IAM in Cloud Pub/Sub can be configured in Terraform with the resource name
google_pubsub_subscription_iam. The following sections describe how to use the resource and its parameters.
Example Usage from GitHub
An example could not be found in GitHub.
The following arguments are supported:
subscription- (Required) The subscription name or id to bind to attach IAM policy to.
member/members- (Required) Identities that will be granted the privilege in
role. Each entry can have one of the following values:
- allUsers: A special identifier that represents anyone who is on the internet; with or without a Google account.
- allAuthenticatedUsers: A special identifier that represents anyone who is authenticated with a Google account or a service account.
- user:[emailid]: An email address that represents a specific Google account. For example, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- serviceAccount:[emailid]: An email address that represents a service account. For example, email@example.com.
- group:[emailid]: An email address that represents a Google group. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- domain:[domain]: A G Suite domain (primary, instead of alias) name that represents all the users of that domain. For example, google.com or example.com.
role- (Required) The role that should be applied. Only one
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_bindingcan be used per role. Note that custom roles must be of the format
policy_data- (Required only by
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_policy) The policy data generated by a
project- (Optional) The project in which the resource belongs. If it is not provided, the provider project is used.
In addition to the arguments listed above, the following computed attributes are exported:
etag- (Computed) The etag of the subscription's IAM policy.
Explanation in Terraform Registry
Three different resources help you manage your IAM policy for pubsub subscription. Each of these resources serves a different use case:
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_policy: Authoritative. Sets the IAM policy for the subscription and replaces any existing policy already attached.
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_binding: Authoritative for a given role. Updates the IAM policy to grant a role to a list of members. Other roles within the IAM policy for the subscription are preserved.
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_member: Non-authoritative. Updates the IAM policy to grant a role to a new member. Other members for the role for the subscription are preserved.
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_policycannot be used in conjunction with
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_memberor they will fight over what your policy should be.
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_bindingresources can be used in conjunction with
google_pubsub_subscription_iam_memberresources only if they do not grant privilege to the same role.